Our organisation consists in a law firm, a trustee company and a general services company as well as two other consultancy firms. We have come into being through a natural process of corporate development, originating from the merger of the legal and corporate service practices of Mark Bencini, Tanya Sciberras Camilleri and Reuben Balzan and expanding in such a manner as to require the creation of a services company as well as a trustee and fiduciary services company.
We operate from Valletta, Malta's capital city and the economic hub of the Maltese Islands. Our team is composed of a number of dynamic and experienced lawyers who practice in various fields, providing multi-disciplinary services to a wide array of clients, based both locally and abroad.
We are, in effect, a one-stop-shop for clients who seek to achieve the best for whatever legal matter they may encounter, whether it’s settling an inheritance, protecting one’s intellectual property, registering a vessel or taking a company from its legal formation to its ongoing maintenance and management. We encourage you to utilise our service search function at the top right hand corner of this page to be immediately directed to pages of interest.
Backed by numerous years of experience, we are skilled at understanding our clients' requirements and demands, and offering professional guidance based on sound judgement.
- Scope of GDPR
- Personal Data
“Personal Data” refers to the information identifying an individual, including but not limited to the following:
- Email Address;
- Postal Address;
- Contact Number;
- Date of Birth;
- Identification Number.
4. Information collected
Personal Information is collected and processed in order to provide the client with the best service possible. This information may be collected through different sources mainly through information provided by the client; information automatically collected when visiting the Valletta Legal website; information collected from other publicly available sources.
5. Scope of Processing
When personal data is provided to Valletta Legal in any manner, Valletta Legal will process information to be able to provide the service needed by the client:
- to provide legal services;
- to provide corporate services;
- to provide advisory services;
- to develop and improve services provided
Valletta Legal will process information provided for efficiency in the provision of services to clients and to inform clients, through any means of communication about the services offered by Valletta Legal, and for research purposes.
Kindly note that the personal data may be disclosed or exchanged with other employees of Valletta Legal.
If the need arises where your information may be transferred in locations outside the EEA where the level of protection to data provided would not be as high, in order to be able to provide you with the best possible services, Valletta Legal will make sure that there would be an appropriate level of protection and that the data transfer would be lawful. The information may be transferred in this way in order for Valletta Legal to fulfil its obligation to provide services, to protect public interest, and for our legitimate interests. Information would only be shared with people who have the right to see it.
6.Other Services Provided
For a more detailed view of the services offered by Valletta Legal kindly view our website or contact us.
7.Information we share
Valletta Legal will not share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside of Valletta Legal unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent – Valletta Legal will share personal information with other companies or persons when we have your consent to do so.
For Legal Reasons – Valletta Legal will share personal information with other companies, organisations and individuals, if there would be a good faith belief that access or disclosure is necessary to meet any applicable law and regulations; enforce applicable Terms of Service including investigation of potential violations; detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud; protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Valletta Legal, our clients or the public as permitted or required by law.
Valletta Legal may share non-personally identifiable information publicly. For example, information may be shared publicly to show trends about the general provision and use of our services.
Valletta Legal will not retain clients’ personal information for longer than it is required for any legal or regulatory matters.
Valletta Legal makes sure to use reasonable measures to protect clients’ personal data. Kindly advise us if you have reason to believe your interaction with us is no longer secure.
When you visit Valletta Legal’s website, Valletta Legal’s web server automatically records details, such as IP address, the website from which you were redirected to the Valletta Legal website, type of browser, and Valletta Legal’s website pages visited by you including date and duration.
11.Data Subject Rights
Your rights in connection with personal information under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you may do so directly at Valletta Legal, or by submitting a written request at Valletta Legal, or by sending an email to email@example.com. Should you not visit Valletta Legal in person, Valletta Legal may need to contact you in order to verify your identity.
14.Contact Details of Valletta Legal
Contact Number: +356 21228340
Fax: +356 21228360
Address: 20/1, Republic Street, Valletta, VLT 1111, Malta